Monday, August 3, 2009

My Subjects This Semester

Hello once more to Sir Izwan and all of you bloggers out there. This week I am going to write about my subjects that I take for this semester. As you all know this semester we have to take 7 subjects compared to when we are in part 1 and part 2 where we only have to take 6 subjects. It is quite a burden and a challenging task to most of us but if you look at all the successful people around, most of them faces greater challenge and obstacles in order to succeed in life. Therefore we should not complain and instead be thankful to God that have given us the opportunity to study when a lot more teenagers did not get their chances to further their studies.

Before I just keep on writing out of topic, I am going to start introducing my subjects for this semester. First subject that I would like to start of with is English for Academic Purposes (BEL 311). This subject is my favourite subject since Sir Izwan really help me a lot especially in improving my writing and speaking skills. This subject also help me in preparation for the Malaysian University English Test (MUET). Other than that, Sir also make my IT skills improved by making us creating our own blog. This subject really help me in many different ways.

My second subject that I will like to share is Fundamentals of Finance (FIN 262). This is my second favourite subject because it involves a lot of calculation and I like anything that have to do with numbers. En. Syamsyul, our lecturer for this subject also taught us in his own unique way that will make us understand fully. Most of us are thankful to have him because of his teaching. His teaching really helps us a lot especially when this subject is 4 credit hour.

My third subject this semester is Macroeconomics (ECO 211). This is the subject that I hated the most. It is simply because I don't like economy ever since in secondary school. I am not too sure why I hated this subject, but I think it is because of the teacher that taught me economy in secondary school. I am kind of a lazy person back in those days, so most of the work that she gave I did not do or submit on time. So, as a result I always have to stand outside the class and eventually finishing her work outside while standing. Since that I started to hate her and maybe that is when I started to hate economy. But either way I still respect her because she was the one who helped me in the dying minutes before SPM. Even though, I hated this subject, I will try my best to get an A for macroeconomics this semester.

My next subject is Introduction to statistics (QMT 216). I also don't like this subject because it involves both calculation and graph. I like the calculation part but not the graph part. The lecturer for this subject is okay to me in the form of teaching and relation with students. I will not comment much on this subject because we only gone through 2 topics and I haven't got the chance to know much regarding this subject.

Next is "Asas Ekonomi Islam" (CTU 241). For this subject, I do not know how to comment since this class haven't started learning fully yet especially when a new lecturer had substitute Ustaz Kamarulzaman. I haven't got to know this new lecturer yet since our CTU class is only once a week.

My next subject is Mandarin (BMD 101) which is my Third Language. I found it hard to learn this language because I don't have any basics in this language. It is a fun language to learn but I'm kind of worried that I would have to repeat this subject again. The thing that I don't understand is how to put mark on the letters. If someone can teach me how to put mark on the letters it will be helpful for me.

My last subject is Basketball (HSK 119) which is my co-curriculum. I like this co-curriculum because I love this sport so much. It is my hobby to play basketball.

I think that is all from me for now. Thank you.

No comments: