Friday, October 2, 2009

What I Love Most About Hari Raya Aidilfitri

Hello again, this time I'm going to write about what I love the most about Hari Raya Aidilfitri. Who does not love Hari Raya? I guarantee you that anyone that call themselves Muslims and have been through fasting for a month must love Hari Raya.

To me, the best part about Hari Raya is that we will celebrate it together as a big family. All of my cousins, siblings, auntie, uncle, mother, father, grandmother and grandfather will get together and celebrate this special day as a big family. To me it is the best day ever. We cook, laugh, playing the fireworks, eat and asking for forgiveness together as a family. This day is a very cheerful day compared to the normal days. It is a day where we enjoy ourselves after a full month of fasting. That is why Allah forbids anyone to fast on the first day of Hari Raya.

The second best thing about Hari Raya is the "Duit Raya". Any kids and teenagers will receive "Duit Raya" from the older people who are already working. It is a tradition where we will receive this "Duit Raya" from the older people. However, from what I can see, teenagers like us who is studying in universities will get more "Duit Raya" compared to those that are still in school. It is probably because they understand our condition where we as students need a lot of money especially when we are far away from home.

This is the reason why I love Hari Raya. That is all from me. Thank You.

No comments: